Oklahoma's Healing Communities
project includes the Victim Impact
Listen and Learn program.
• Victim Impact Listen and Learn is a
• Victim Impact Listen and Learn is interactive and designed to educate and
bring understanding to participants, of the
harm done to victims, victims' families
and the community, as a result of crime.
• The Victim Impact program helps to
raise the conscience of participants.
• Victim Impact program participants
often,for the first time, show empathy
and remorse for previous behaviors.
• Victim Impact often lessens the chance
that the participant would repeat the
• Victims play a critical role in the facilitation
of this program by sharing "their journey"
either in person or by video.
• The Victim Impact program creates a
unique learning environment promoting
accountability vs. compliancy.
OKLAHOMA PARTNERSHIP FOR SUCCESSFUL REENTRY
In partnership with
Department of Corrections
Office of Faith Based and Community Initiatives
Balancing Justice with Mercy