Oklahoma ABLE Tech
Volume 13, Issue 1
Small Changes...Big Differences
Oklahoma’s National Ranking
2012 Year in Review
Happy New Year! As 2013 begins, we are excited to share Oklahoma ABLE Tech’s highlights and key
activities as reported in our 2012 Annual Report to be distributed to Oklahoma’s legislators.
Oklahoma ABLE Tech Statistics
• 809 assistive technology (AT) devices loaned to Oklahomans in the “try before you buy” short-term
• 597 AT demonstrations to Oklahomans were performed by SoonerStart personnel to children
0-3 years old.
• Another 1,873 demonstrations to Oklahomans of all ages were provided by Oklahoma ABLE Tech
ans its partners.
• The Alternative Financing Program (AFP) provided $265,102.98 in AT device low interest bank
loans assisting 49 Oklahomans with disabilities.
• 143 AT devices exchanged from sellers to buyers for a savings of $107,845 through the
Oklahoma Equipment Exchange (OEE).
• 883 individuals received information and referral on AT devices and services.
• AT training events served over 2,709 people.
• The Access to Telework Funds Program (ATF) provided AT device loans for 8 Oklahomans, totaling
$109,952.55 for maintaining employment goals.
ABLE Tech ranks 3rd in the nation for number of
loans made out of the 25 state financial
ABLE Tech ranks 7th in the nation for
number of devices exchanged out of 38
ABLE Tech ranks 8th in the nation for
number of device demonstrations out of 54 AT
ABLE Tech ranks 18th in the nation for number
of device loans out of 52 programs.
0 27 52 0 27 54
0 12 25
0 38 19