THE PURPOSE OF THE PUBLIC AGENDA
The purpose of the public agenda is to provide a better understanding of the critical policy issues, goals and objectives
that shape the direction of the Oklahoma State System of Higher Education. It is based on the needs of the state as
identified through the ongoing strategic planning process, and it describes the major initiatives that are in place to achieve
the policy objectives.
KEY POLICY GOALS & OBJECTIVES
• Increase the number of college graduates.
• Enhance access and improve the quality of public higher
education for all Oklahomans.
• Better prepare students to meet the challenges of a
• Implement Complete College America initiatives to increase
the number of degrees and certificates earned in Oklahoma to
50,900 by 2023.
• Enhance capacity to successfully enroll, retain and graduate
• Increase systemwide efficiencies and cost savings.
• Strengthen financial support for Oklahoma college students.
• Improve instructional quality.
• Utilize performance funding to enhance student success and
• Broaden economic development activities.
• Advance access to and quality of technologies to support
systemwide programs and services.
Complete College America • Oklahoma is considered a national
model because of the comprehensive way that state leaders have
embraced the goals of the Complete College America initiative.
Photos courtesy of Murray State College, Cameron University, the University of Oklahoma and Carl Albert State College.