GRAND OLD TIMES
A Publication of Grand Gateway Area Agency on Aging
Serving Craig, Delaware, Mayes, Nowata, Ottawa, Rogers & Washington Counties
Assistance. Advocacy. Answers on Aging.
Area Agency on Aging Staff
Kay Carter, Director
Information & Assistance
Coordinator / Editor
Caregiver Project Director
Lahona Young, Ombudsman
Elaine Evans, Ombudsman
Shannon Fellers, Bookkeeper
Case Management Team
Devon Murray, Supervisor
Bill Steele, Assistant Supervisor
Deanna Green, Case Manager
Connie Patrick, Case Manager
Senior Poetry Contest
The Annual Oklahoma Conference on Aging is seeking entries for
the 2012 Senior Poetry Contest. The annual contest is a popular
event held in conjunction with the conference which will be May 15-
17, 2012, at the Embassy Suites Norman Hotel and Conference Center. The rules are as follows:
1. Poems may be on any topic and must be the original, individual
work of the contestant.
2. The entry must have been written when the person was
60 years of age or older.
3. No previously published work can be submitted.
4. Contestants must be a current resident of Oklahoma.
5. Only one entry per person.
6. Attach a cover sheet to the poem with the contestant's name, address, e-mail (if available), phone number and entry category.
(Men's or Women's)
Do not include the contestant's name or other identifying information on the poem.
Entries should be typed (Word Document). Hand written entries
will be accepted if legible.
Deadline to submit an entry is January 31, 2012. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
10. Awards will be given for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners in both
the Women's and Men's categories.
11. By submitting an entry, contestants agree to publication of their
poem in the annual contest poetry book, available at no cost at
the annual conference. Winning submission may be published on
the conference website and in other materials.
Winners will be notified by April 17, 2012, and invited to attend Senior Day and the awards luncheon on May 15, 2012. Senior Day is
free for all Oklahomans age 60+.
Submit your poem by January 31, 2012, one of the following ways.
E-mail to: email@example.com
Or Mail to: Brenda Schwartz
OKDHS Aging Services Division
2401 NW 23rd Street, Suite 40
Oklahoma City, OK 73107